- Entries are open now!
- Late entry fee applies – after 11th May 2018
- Closing date to have your name printed on your bib – 30th April 2018
- Entries close – 24th May 2018 at 5pm.
We will also have entries on the day.
RACE NUMBER COLLECTION
You must sign in before the event to collect your race number, which includes your timing chip. This can be done from Massey University Activity Centre on Saturday 26th May from 1.30pm to 4.00pm or on Sunday 27th May from 07.00am. Marathon walkers need to collect on the Saturday, or get in touch with us to sort an alternative solution. We are happy to find a solution!
The event starts and finishes from Massey University, Recreational Centre, Palmerston North.
0700 Marathon Walkers
0800 Marathon Runners
0830 Half Walkers
0930 Half Runners
1015 Kids MaraFun
There is a course close off of 1.45pm.
Prizegiving is held at 2.00pm.
There will be parking at Massey on the day but please note Orchard Road is closed so you need to access the parking from Old West Road.
The Timing Team will be taking care of all of our timing needs on the day. You must remember not to cover your bib as you go over the start or the finish line as this can affect the integrity of the chips.
Disposable timing chips are attached to the back of your race number and will record your time.
Timing chips do not need to be returned.
Event HQ will offer the full post-race experience; where you can relax, soak up the atmosphere, appreciate a well-earned massage, refuel, and enjoy celebrating your achievement with friends and family.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
In the interest of providing a safe and enjoyable event experience for all entrants please take into account the following;
- Keep to the left of the course to allow people to pass on the right
- Be courteous to your fellow participants at all times
- Please obey instructions from race officials and volunteers at all times
TRANSFER YOUR ENTRY TO SOMEONE ELSE
Participants can transfer their race entry to someone else up until 11th May 2018. To transfer an entry please contact us via email on email@example.com
It is very important for health and safety reasons for us to know the correct identity of every athlete on course.
REFUND YOUR ENTRY
Requests for refunds must be notified in writing to Manawatu Striders.
Requests that reach us before midnight on Friday 4th May 2018 will be processed, unfortunately after this date entry fees are non-refundable.
Eftpos is available on both Saturday and Sunday for late entries.
We are a no smoking event.
There is no smoking allowed in and around the event HQ, parking area and on course
RACE DAY RULES
- Place getters are from gun time
- Nordic Walkers - Walkers are allowed to use walking poles but will not qualify for a winners prize
- iPods - If you use an Ipod please make sure you can still hear Marshalls and people around you.
- All runners and walkers must stick to the course
- Dogs - No dogs are allowed on the course and cannot be accompanied by cyclists, vehicles or non-entered competitors.
- Bikes - No bikes allowed on the course. This is a safety issue.
- Runners may walk but walkers may not run. If you think you will run any part of the course you must enter as a runner.
- Competitors enter at their own risk.
- THERE ARE NO ROAD CLOSURES